Learn-html-forms-by-building-a-registration-form - Step 53

I need helps with the code to the following instruction:

“To make the input and textarea elements blend in with the background theme, set their background-color to #0a0a23 . Then, give them a 1px , solid border with a color of #0a0a23 .”

My code:

input, textarea {background-color: #0a0a23; border-solid: 1px; color: #0a0a23;}

We will need to see a link to the current challenge you are on, and we will need to see the entirety of the code. When you reply you can use the format button</> and paste all your code between the lines it gives you

Link? First time I get that since I asked for help

How are we supposed to help if we dont have a link to navigate to the challenge? We cant see any of your requirements. There could be other issues besides what is in the post. Thats why we ask for a link and the entire code

1 Like

Hi !

Mod edit: Removed Solution

Welcome to the forum @victorh4489 ,

I have removed the solution from your post

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

I’m having the exact same problem. It keeps telling me " You should use a comma separated element selector to select the input and textarea elements." what that is EXACTLY what I am doing. I think it might be a bug or something.

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

replace semi-colon with comma

This should be the format:

Mod Edit: Removed Solution

Note: When adding the border values, do not put commas.

1 Like

I have removed your solution

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

use this
Mod edit: removed solution