Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 56

Tell us what’s happening:

I am stuck on this particular exercise for a long time it asks me to put the “min-height” attribute to the selectors “input, textarea, select” along with it’s value and I certainly do not think I am doing anything wrong here.

thanks in advanced

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" name="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" name="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" name="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" name="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <legend>Account type (required)</legend>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" class="inline" checked /> Personal</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" class="inline" /> Business</label>
      </fieldset>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="profile-picture">Upload a profile picture: <input id="profile-picture" type="file" name="file" /></label>
        <label for="age">Input your age (years): <input id="age" type="number" name="age" min="13" max="120" /></label>
        <label for="referrer">How did you hear about us?
          <select id="referrer" name="referrer">
            <option value="">(select one)</option>
            <option value="1">freeCodeCamp News</option>
            <option value="2">freeCodeCamp YouTube Channel</option>
            <option value="3">freeCodeCamp Forum</option>
            <option value="4">Other</option>
          </select>
        </label>
        <label for="bio">Provide a bio:
          <textarea id="bio" name="bio" rows="3" cols="30" placeholder="I like coding on the beach..."></textarea>
        </label>
      </fieldset>
      <label for="terms-and-conditions">
        <input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required name="terms-and-conditions" /> I accept the <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/">terms and conditions</a>
      </label>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

/* User Editable Region */

body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
  font-family: Tahoma;
  font-size: 16px;
}

h1, p {
  margin: 1em auto;
  text-align: center;
}

form {
  width: 60vw;
  max-width: 500px;
  min-width: 300px;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

fieldset {
  border: none;
  padding: 2rem 0;
  border-bottom: 3px solid #3b3b4f;
}

fieldset:last-of-type {
  border-bottom: none;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

input,
textarea,
select {
  margin: 10px 0 0 0;
  width: 100%;
}

input, textarea, select{
  min-height: 2em;
}

input, textarea {
  background-color: #0a0a23;
  border: 1px solid #0a0a23;
  color: #ffffff;
}

.inline {
  width: unset;
  margin: 0 0.5em 0 0;
  vertical-align: middle;
}

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/121.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 56

Hello!

For this step we just need to cut and paste the code from the input, select to the input, textarea, select.

Should be moved to the one below

Please remove the one you added? Only move the code to the existing selector.

Happy coding!

1 Like

You need to move min height property and it’s value to the existing input, textarea, select selector. You created another one.
@pandeyabhinav6011

1 Like

thanks dude it took me an hour to realise this silly mistake maybe it could have taken another without your help :sweat_smile:

1 Like

yeah i realized my mistake

1 Like

You are welcome!

Happy to help a fellow coder when I can do so.

Happy coding!

1 Like

Hi! I’ve been having the same issue, but I believe I did what you recommended here! Would you mind taking a look at it?

}

I was having the same trouble below, but I figured out I needed to remove the min-height from “input, textarea” – Is this just a freeCodeCamp thing you think? I had the impression it wouldn’t really affect the outcome if I had it for both. The step before prompted me to put it there, so now it’s telling me to move it I guess? Thanks for any help!

}

Apparently this was the correct answer actually - I saw another post you commented on and it helped me figure it out – Thanks! Any reason as to why I had to remove it from input, textarea (since I had it for both that one and the one “input, textarea, select”)
Is this just a freeCodeCamp thing you think? I had the impression it wouldn’t really affect the outcome if I had it for both. The step before prompted me to put it there, so now it’s telling me to move it I guess? Thanks for any help!

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge and need some help, click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark). This button only appears if you have tried to submit an answer at least three times.

The Ask for Help button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.