Learn Introductory JavaScript by Building a Pyramid Generator - Step 61

Tell us what’s happening:

I need to concatenate an empty space → " " before and after my character string. I am not entirely sure how to even do that. I don’t want an answer, I need to know what I am missing in context of how I figure out its placement.

Your code so far

const character = "#";
const count = 8;
const rows = [];

// User Editable Region

function padRow(rowNumber, rowCount) {
  return + " " + character.repeat(rowNumber);
}

// User Editable Region

for (let i = 0; i < count; i = i + 1) {
  rows.push(padRow(i + 1, count));
}

let result = ""

for (const row of rows) {
  result = result + "\n" + row;
}

console.log(result);

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:125.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/125.0

Challenge Information:

Learn Introductory JavaScript by Building a Pyramid Generator - Step 61

you can’t have the + operator after the return. Removing that you have

here you have concatenated a space before the character string, so you are halfway there, you need to add a + after, and concatenate an other " " space string

Thank you for your response. I interpreted it as that I should remove the word return and so I did that and finally I broke down and asked Ai for the solution and why it was the solution and so I had it right the very first time I did it – sorta… the first thing i tried was

return + " " + character.repeat(rowNumber) + " ";

It really tore me up when the ai told me the solution. I kept saying “I did that! I did that!” and then I looked back here and seen what I did wrong and I was really really close to the right answer but I didn’t know that I only needed the whitespaces only around the repeated character string lol

Try this One
SOLUTION IS REMOVED by moderator

Please don’t post the solution, it is not allowed here on the forum.
Only hints, advices and useful links are welcome
Thanks