Learn More About CSS Pseudo Selectors By Building A Balance Sheet - Step 55

IDK, it seems ok to me, yet the test’s don’t pass.

Step 55

Using the same selector syntax, target the th elements within your table rows where the class is total. Align the text to the left, and give them a padding of 0.5rem 0 0.25rem 0.5rem.

tr[class=“total”] th{
text-align: left;
padding: 0.5rem 0 0.25rem 0.5rem;
}

Hint

Your tr[class="total"] th selector should have a text-align property set to left.

Link to the challenge:

Ya, it seems OK to me as well, it is passing when I use it. Perhaps you accidentally changed something else that is causing the tests to fail? That’s why it’s best to always post all of your code.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key.

it can’t be the rest of the code, as i reseted the challange quite a few times, and the code from the previous steps is pretty much the site’s code, not yours, it autofills the small imperfections, such as the last last property of a css rule not having a “;” and when it tells you to #id something the apropiate way, the next step the value turned from id=“BDay” to id=“b-day”.

so it cannot be the rest of the code, maybe my browser?

Ya, that would be my guess. Is your browser up to date, or are you using an old version? Some of the tests may be using features that older versions don’t support and thus causing the tests to fail.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.