Learn Relational Databases by Building a Mario Database - Build a Mario Database

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I am completely new to all this and I am trying to learn SQL, but I keep clicking on the freecodecamp link in the page for the tutorial and it sends me to login on my GitHub account. I do that and it returns to the original freecodecamp page and keep going on a loop. Every time it opens a new page, asks me to login to GitHub and returns to the previous page.

I allowed pop in windows but its not progressing.

I have been unable to engage in the course at all.

Can someone please help?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.6 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Learn Relational Databases by Building a Mario Database - Build a Mario Database

Link to the challenge:

hi there,
tried to understand what’s up.
Got the same procedere as you. Been redirected all the time.

Keeps going on a loop. If you find a solution please let me know. I will do the same :pray:

hi there, me again.
i received a welcome e-mail from codeally.
But instead of entering the page when clicking there, my browser is at alert and gives me security warnings.
If i get better news i call again.

There was an issue loading containers the last day or two - it should be fixed now. I’m not sure if that was the issue you were facing, but do you want to give it another try @fabioluisdomingues. Let us know if you are still unable to get it started.

Hey @moT01 I really appreciate you clarifying the issue. I am glad things are work well now. Thanks again

Het @moT01

The issue is ongoing. Once you click on the project (in the Relational DB courses) it directs you to log on to GitHub.

You agree with the terms and click on the log on button and it returns to the FreeCodeCamp page so you can start the course. Upon clicking on the Strat the course button , a new window open and asks you to log on to GitHub. And the process keeps repeating itself opening new tabs.

So I couldn’t get started unfortunately.

Did you allow third party cookies?

Hey @ilenia yes I did

The issue you are seeing was not what was fixed earlier @fabioluisdomingues.

Typically, it’s something with the cookie or security settings in your browser. I would double check those. There may be extensions that are interfering with the cookies, as well. You could try another browser. If none of that works, can you share more about your setup. What browser and version you are using? What are the security settings? Do you see anything in the console that may help?

The issue has again re-surfaced. The CodeAlly screen is stuck on starting virtual server, refreshing or restarting the exercise doesn’t fix it.
Tried multiple browsers with third party cookies allowed but no change. Any pointers ?

Nothing we can do but wait. There’s the possibility of running the courses locally, but I cannot in good conscience recommend that: the first time I tried to do that, I ran into issue after issue after issue trying to install everything, get Docker to work, etc… It wasted hours of my time until I finally got it to work.

Today, I tried to use it for a second time, and for some reason it just didn’t want to work. Except for the installation of Docker and Dev Containers, I had to go through some sort of setup on VS Code again, it started downloading files and I don’t know what else and it’s literally been running for 3605050 ms according to the terminal (so just over an hour ), and I still can’t do anything with it. Have been trying to study for well over two hours today and got nothing done.

Apologies for the troubles. We are in the process of upgrading the browser experience, it should be more stable in the near future - hopefully, in the next week or two.

1 Like

I too am facing this issue :frowning: I am up and running with it locally via docker and completed the " Student Database" lesson last night without issues (actually it was a really good experience).

I understand that I cannot currently save my progress to fcc from running it locally, but I guess I am curious if there are definite plans to “import” progress from a local environment at some point in the future?. At the end of the day being able to claim a certificate is pretty important to me.

If not, is the recommended action to just skip the Relational Database course for now until it has reached better stability?

You only need to complete the certification projects to be able to claim the certification @thenickoftime. If you complete them locally, save the required files somewhere. You can then paste them into the browser version of the project when it’s working to complete the project again without having to redo the work.