Learn Responsive Web Design by Building a Piano - Step 1

What is happening is it says this hint and i dunno what it mean
This is the hint: You should have an opening head tag.

Your code so far

/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
</html>
</head>
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0

Challenge: Learn Responsive Web Design by Building a Piano - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

Hello. You’ve both forgotten the head element opening tag, and also put the head element outside of the html element, which is incorrect.

You’re also missing elements that the step asks you to add in order to pass.

What is head and html elements?

wHAT IS TAKING U SO long

srry for caps on message

This is your html element. It should encase the document as a whole save for the <!DOCTYPE html> element.

This is the closing tag of a head element. By itself it is not a head element because this is incorrect syntax. Most elements, unless they are self-closing, should have an opening tag and a closing tag.

As said before, your head element should go inside the html element. And you’re missing other elements required by the step to pass.

In case you haven’t, I recommend following the exercises in order, since the earlier ones focus on correct structure, whereas later ones assume you already understand this.

Ok i will try the solution

Wait was is a tag im only 9 lol

hERE IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

Here is what i have to make cause i joined 4:00

I will make another thing then

Hello. I recommend starting here. This is the very beginning of the course. The exercise you’re currently on is to learn CSS, the language with which you can style a page. It would be really hard to learn CSS without having first learned HTML.

The Cat Photo App exercise should guide you in the right direction and help you learn HTML, so you can later on tackle CSS. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Thanks so much its solved now!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.