Learn Responsive Web Design by Building a Piano - Step 6

good evening I reviewed the instructions a couple times that I’m not quite sure what the issue is from what I understand it’s asking for a couple of the divs to be labeled as a key class and a black key class but I don’t see what issue is occurring. if someone could please explain what I am doing incorrectly and perhaps guide me or give me a hint of how to correct this issue I’d appreciate it

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8" />
    <title>Piano</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
  </head>
  <body>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<div id="piano">
      <div class="keys">
        <div class="key"></div>
        <div class="key" class="black--key"></div>
        <div class="key"></div>
      </div>
    </div>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Responsive Web Design by Building a Piano - Step 6

Link to the challenge:

This isn’t quite how you add multiple classes to an element. You can only have one class attribute. I would recommend you review the HTML for some of the previous courses you have completed. You should be able to find plenty of examples of an element with more than one class value.

1 Like

I ended up going to w3schools to confirm, I had a feeling that was incorrect but I tried use them together with a comma and it didnt work however after looking around i found the proper way.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.