Learn SQL by Building a Student Database: Part 1 - Build a Student Database: Part 1

Tell us what’s happening:
On Sunday I stared new course ‘learn SQL by building Student database part 1’ today I’m not able to see my progress and and connection query psql --username=freecodecamp --dbname=postgres is showing error. On that day I completed 12% of course. Now I can’t see any progress I have done till now.
Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn SQL by Building a Student Database: Part 1 - Build a Student Database: Part 1

Link to the challenge:

What error are you getting?

I’ve attached the image of error. Not able to establish connection with database

Try starting postgres service again:

sudo service postgresql restart

still it’s showing error

Hi, I will try to give you some generic hint due to the fact that I have not done this course and I am not a regular windows user when it comes to server side implementation of SQL and web applications. The problem you having most likely tied up with few factors. One is password authentication failure. Second is Postgres configuration file (postgresql.conf) needs amending and third is pg_hba.conf file needs amending.

So for the first one, I think you need to set up an environment variable for windows. The problem is rooted into windows cant’ locate the path for running PostgreSQL server. I do not know how to do that simply because I do not work in windows. However, this link may shed some light for you Connect to PostgreSQL Database Command Line Windows

Once you actually logged into PostgreSQL server, you do need to execute this SQL administrative commands

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database_name* TO username;
(replace database_name with your database name and username with your username)

Second
You need to open file manager and find postgresql.conf file and pg_hba.conf file. I am not really sure where they are located in windows. But hopefully the below links may enable you to figure it out.

Good Luck!