Can you explain me what to do? Thanks

Your code so far

/* User Editable Region */

text = 'Hello World'
shift = 3
alphabet = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'

/* User Editable Region */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Learn String Manipulation by Building a Cipher - Step 18

first thing first, don’t delete all the code you deleted.
Use the reset button to recover it.
What have you tried so far?

I’m going to flag this off-topic.

The new course is still in Beta and I think some feedback is welcome, but this topic isn’t really a great place for it. It’s disruptive to the OP and also the people who would actually be interested to read feedback will not see it here.

Maybe it would be more appropriate here:
https://forum.freecodecamp.org/c/contributors/3

I think it’s a good question “Is this a course for beginners?”

It’s in the middle of the fCC curriculum and it’s not called “Python for Beginners”. I think there is some expectation that you’ve completed JavaScript already. The old course was called “Python for Everybody” I think that’s more appropriate for beginners and it’s in the Legacy section of the curriculum.

I would also aim for constructive criticism and specific points that could be improved. If you see specific things that could help you can even open an Issue on github!

hello you need to do like that

MOD EDIT: SOLUTION REDACTED`

hey @mouissatrabah23

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.