Learn Typography by Building a Nutrition Label - Step 43

Tell us what’s happening:
please help me… you kind and amazing people who read this message can you help me, please…

(the question, After your last .divider element, create a p element and give it the text Total Fat 8g 10% . Wrap the text Total Fat in a span element with the class of bold . Wrap the text 10% in another span element with the class of bold . Finally, nest the Total Fat span element and the text 8g in an additional span element for alignment.:slight_smile:

so help me please, I dont know what wrong in this code why always wrong and say
{Sorry, your code does not pass. You’re getting there.
One span element should wrap the text Total Fat.}

**Your code so far**
<div class="daily-value small-text">
      <p class="bold right">% Daily Value *</p>
      <div class="divider"></div> 
        <p><span class="bold">Total Fat</span><span class="bold">8g</span><span class="bold">10%</span> </p>
    </div>

Can you post your code between the ```` marks that appear when clicking the </> button:

2 Likes

aye aye sister wait… and thanks for the respons :slight_smile:

ok everybody who confused with this code the, right code is this if you want past the test.
mod edit: removed code

Actually its not quite correct but it gets passed because the conditions are met so its lenient. The idea is that you type the text ‘Total Fat 8g 10%’ and then add the span elements around specific parts of the text without adding any additional text.
You want one span element with an class attribute of bold to nest the first part of the text ‘Total Fat’ so that just those words are bold.
The span elements closing tag goes right after the text ‘Total Fat’ and before the text ‘8g’. You do the same thing with the text ‘10%’ to make it bold but use a separate span element then the first one because you don’t want the text of ‘8g’ in between them to be bold as well.
Then you add another span element so that it nest the text ‘Total Fat’ and the text ‘8g’ and therefore aligns them.Its opening tag goes before your span class=“bold” element and its closing tag goes after the text ‘8g’.
Any way I’m glad that you passed this step but the FCC rules are that full solutions for the code shouldn’t be posted only hints so that the user can try to figure it out on there own, so if I were you I’d delete it before @Cody_Biggs gets on your case :smirk:.

1 Like

@Orion897

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

2 Likes

ahh sorry I dont know that… and thanks for the information :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.