Let's discuss your "Wikipedia Viewer"

wikipedia viewer

my wiki project…please have a look and provide feedback

i kept it very simple and minimal but at the same time mobile responsive

Project Link - https://codepen.io/galexynye/full/Vrjowv/

went for an 80s vibe

Project -->https://codepen.io/Mike-was-here123/full/zPxQob/

i would suggest adding a slight blur for making it easier to read.

1 Like

My Wiki viewer, would appreciate your feedback, TIA.

1 Like

@asmitharaj

Certainly nice. Well made, colors look great. I wish you changed the color of the title and make it match. You can do:

a {
color: black;
}

a:hover {
color: black;
}

This is so It blends in better. I also suggest making the desc also be a link to the article, since how often will my mouse touch the title? :wink:

I also suggest making a background to your boxes. Like background-color: white;. This just makes it look better over all.

You could also add radius: 20px; to your borders to add a curve (can be any pixel amount);

This is well made, you should be proud. I like the auto complete.

thank you for your input. I will update with these changes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really love the 8bit 80s look (and I ain’t even from the 80s!). Great simple design and it’s clever how the “rainbow” expands into text content, I wasn’t expecting that but it was pretty nifty. I was surprised that “random article” opened a new tab, I would suggest giving some indication to the user that it will open a new page, maybe with an icon or something.

:ok_hand:

Would you mind checking mine out? Let's discuss your "Wikipedia Viewer"

Very excellent background. I’m currently not getting any results when searching. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4hn0kakyrfamx1/Screenshot%202017-11-22%2016.59.57.png?dl=1

THe “get random article” button looks a bit like a search bar, so I clicked on it without much thought at first. Might make sense to make the search button look more like a text feild.

Very awesome page ! I love how the page scrolls after you search and puts the focus on your search results. Nice work.

1 Like

The search is very fast and responsive, I like the animation how the content slides in from the side a bit.

@dmatt

Amazing, just amazing. :smiley:

The only thing i have is that:

Sometimes i don’t get a image, and just filler. Like 70% is filler. Is their anyway you can track the most popular searches and input better filler images? Its not that big of a deal however.

I wish the main text (at the top, tan) Wikipedia Knowledge Hole was a different color. Its too light and slightly hard to read.

That is really all, really nice work. Love the random article, you took it too a whole other level of cool.

1 Like

Thanks …I will definitely make d chng tht u mention :smiley:

1 Like

@gangadharKorrapati

It looks nice. It works well too. i suggest making that title slight bigger. Also the names of the articles being under-lined.

Thanks for the feedback!! Great idea with the random button :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the critique @John-freeCodeCamp I really appreciate it! Yeah, I never figured out a reliable way to get an image for every single article, so there are a lot of placeholder images. I’ll make the font color darker that is great feedback! Thanks again, have a great day.

1 Like

Feedback would be appreciated.

1 Like

@to-dy

Very nice and well built.

I like how the text pops up when you hover over it, and how the search bar moves upon search. Very thought through and creative while having simple (readable) code.

I would suggest adding some fonts. Don’t over due it, just some basic fonts for the desc or something.

1 Like

Toss my hat in the ring…