Hi this is my first post. I just finished my tribute page and I was hoping to get some feedback and a little help. I can’t seem to figure out why I’m getting the “special characters must be escaped” message when I analyze my HTML. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://codepen.io/cshields024/pen/ExjMXgG
Hi, welcome to the FCC forum.
Looks great! Nice font.
Can’t find that “special characters must be escaped” message …
Only one test, that asks for an ID on the link, still fails …
Hi, thanks for the feedback! fixed the link issue. Thanks again for taking a look!
Welcome to the forums @cshields024. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
using codepen it only expects the code you’d put within the
<body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to
<head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. Just copy your HTML and paste it into the ‘Validate by Direct Input’ tab.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- There are errors you need to clean up
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The HTML validator throws some false positives and misses other real errors which is why I recommend the W3C validator
- Their CSS validator is okay. Run that, you have an unclosed block
Not an error but your timeline would be easier to read if it was left justified.