Lisa Simpson Tribute Page

Hi this is my first post. I just finished my tribute page and I was hoping to get some feedback and a little help. I can’t seem to figure out why I’m getting the “special characters must be escaped” message when I analyze my HTML. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://codepen.io/cshields024/pen/ExjMXgG

1 Like

Hi, welcome to the FCC forum.

Looks great! Nice font.

Can’t find that “special characters must be escaped” message …
Only one test, that asks for an ID on the link, still fails …

Hi, thanks for the feedback! fixed the link issue. Thanks again for taking a look!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @cshields024. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
using codepen it only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.

• The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. Just copy your HTML and paste it into the ‘Validate by Direct Input’ tab.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are errors you need to clean up
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The HTML validator throws some false positives and misses other real errors which is why I recommend the W3C validator
    • Their CSS validator is okay. Run that, you have an unclosed block

Not an error but your timeline would be easier to read if it was left justified.