Machine Learning Engineer on Google Cloud Skill boost

Hey guys, I’ve been trying to become a programmer since a long time ago, I’m 47 now and I liked everything about computers since I was like 12 yo when my mom bought a brand new AT 286 with @ 40 HZ and 40 MB space in the HD lol, long story short, I started this learning path @ Google Cloud https://www.cloudskillsboost.google/paths/17 and I realized that it would be good for me if I start learning to code too because I know you need to have some knowledge at least in Python and SQL.

My questions are,

• Am I too old for this?
  • Is it a good choice as a Career?
  • May I learn several programming languages at the same time?

I would appreciate any help, any guidance, even a cheer-up, and some motivation, I try to be constant and disciplined and I come here almost every day and I find this place awesome for learning with a great community, I’m so into this that I earned this badge…

Happy coding everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this! :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

1 Like

I don’t know you’re life. Only you can decide whether trying to make a major change and get an entry level job in your 50s makes sense for you.

If you’re good at it and enjoy it. Keep in mind that you would be starting at the bottom of the career ladder, where pay is lower and advancement takes years of work.

You can do whatever you want, but I wouldn’t recommend it.