Make Links Navigatable with HTML Access Keys1

What i should do in this exercise please help me?

Your code so far

<body>
  <header>
    <h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>
  </header>
  <article>

<h2><a id="first" href="">The Garfield Files: Lasagna as Training Fuel?</a></h2>
    <button accesskey id="first"></button>

<p>The internet is littered with varying opinions on nutritional paradigms, from catnip paleo to hairball cleanses. But let's turn our attention to an often overlooked fitness fuel, and examine the protein-carb-NOM trifecta that is lasagna...</p>
  </article>
  <article>

<h2><a id="second" href="">Is Chuck Norris a Cat Person?</a></h2>

<p>Chuck Norris is widely regarded as the premier martial artist on the planet, and it's a complete coincidence anyone who disagrees with this fact mysteriously disappears soon after. But the real question is, is he a cat person?...</p>
  </article>
  <footer>&copy; 2016 Camper Cat</footer>
</body>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/applied-accessibility/make-links-navigatable-with-html-access-keys

You are not adding a button. Only adding an accesskey to the a element

<a accesskey=“g” …

Where I put it??Can you explain me that more

Your code should set the accesskey attribute on the a tag with the id of “first” to “g”. Note that case matters.
Your code should set the accesskey attribute on the a tag with the id of “second” to “c”. Note that case matters.

Your code should add an accesskey attribute to the a tag with the id of “first”.
Your code should add an accesskey attribute to the a tag with the id of “second”.
Your code should set the accesskey attribute on the a tag with the id of “first” to “g”. Note that case matters.
Your code should set the accesskey attribute on the a tag with the id of “second” to “c”. Note that case matters.

Therefore your previous code
<h2.><.a id=“first” href="">The Garfield Files: Lasagna as Training Fuel?<./a><./h2>
<.button accesskey id=“first”><./button>

Should be
< h2>
< a accesskey=“g” id=“first”>

Repeat for the bottom line as well. Its only asking you to add an accesskey…not a button.

3 Likes

Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat

<h2><a id="first" href="">The Garfield Files: Lasagna as Training Fuel?</a></h2>
<button accesskey id="first"></button>

<p>The internet is littered with varying opinions on nutritional paradigms, from catnip paleo to hairball cleanses. But let's turn our attention to an often overlooked fitness fuel, and examine the protein-carb-NOM trifecta that is lasagna...</p>
<h2><a access key="g" id="second" href="">Is Chuck Norris a Cat Person?</a></h2>

<p>Chuck Norris is widely regarded as the premier martial artist on the planet, and it's a complete coincidence anyone who disagrees with this fact mysteriously disappears soon after. But the real question is, is he a cat person?...</p>
© 2016 Camper Cat

That i should right

1 Like

do not space the accesskey attribute

Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat

The Garfield Files: Lasagna as Training Fuel?

The internet is littered with varying opinions on nutritional paradigms, from catnip paleo to hairball cleanses. But let's turn our attention to an often overlooked fitness fuel, and examine the protein-carb-NOM trifecta that is lasagna...

<h2><a accesskey="g" id="second" href="">Is Chuck Norris a Cat Person?</a></h2>

Chuck Norris is widely regarded as the premier martial artist on the planet, and it's a complete coincidence anyone who disagrees with this fact mysteriously disappears soon after. But the real question is, is he a cat person?...

Chuck Norris is widely regarded as the premier martial artist on the planet, and it's a complete coincidence anyone who disagrees with this fact mysteriously disappears soon after. But the real question is, is he a cat person?...

© 2016 Camper Cat

But again it is wrong i’ts only 1 right

thanks steve your explanation made my night a little easier.
i dont think i understood what was asked of me untill you.

<body>

<header>

<h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>

</header>

<article>

<h2><a accesskey=“g” id=“first” href="">The Garfield Files: Lasagna as Training Fuel?</a></h2>

<p>The internet is littered with varying opinions on nutritional paradigms, from catnip paleo to hairball cleanses. But let’s turn our attention to an often overlooked fitness fuel, and examine the protein-carb-NOM trifecta that is lasagna…</p>

</article>

<article>

<h2><a accesskey=“c” id=“second” href="">Is Chuck Norris a Cat Person?</a></h2>

<p>Chuck Norris is widely regarded as the premier martial artist on the planet, and it’s a complete coincidence anyone who disagrees with this fact mysteriously disappears soon after. But the real question is, is he a cat person?..</p>

</article>

<footer>&copy; 2018 Camper Cat</footer>

</body>