Make Typography Responsive...Help!

Tell us what’s happening:
I’m stuck with what I’m doing wrong here… Any Help???

Your code so far

<style>
 h2 {
     vw: 80vw;
     }
 p {
    vmin: 75vmin;
 } 
</style>

<h2>Importantus Ipsum</h2>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus quis tempus massa. Aenean erat nisl, gravida vel vestibulum cursus, interdum sit amet lectus. Sed sit amet quam nibh. Suspendisse quis tincidunt nulla. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Ut sit amet pretium nisl. Vivamus vel mi sem. Aenean sit amet consectetur sem. Suspendisse pretium, purus et gravida consequat, nunc ligula ultricies diam, at aliquet velit libero a dui.</p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-principles/make-typography-responsive

for h2 use the value 60vw and for p use 80vw or so.

vw: 80vw;

vw is the units (like cm or px). You’re supposed to be changing the width, eg if it was pixels, you’d say width: 10px.

Like if someone asked you to specify the size of something, you’d say “the width is 10cm” not “the cm is 10cm”

Edit: sorry, typed wrong property, cheers @supuun fixed!

I’m using the values called for in the exercise challenge.

1 Like

Nah, this isn’t the problem. he is using wrong properties. vw and vmin as properties are non-existent, They are just units. Width should be used in this specific example in both cases.

He’s supposed to be changing width, not font-size.

Set the width of the h2 tag to 80% of the viewport’s width and the width of the paragraph as 75% of the viewport’s smaller dimension.

2 Likes

Thanks supuun! Got it

1 Like