Mean Variance and Standard Deviation Calculator

Hi All. I have just completed the code for this project and it runs fine in VSC but when I put it into the replit emulator I can’t get anything to work. I can’t even get it to print ‘Hello World’. Is there something I am missing here ? Not sure I understand the replit environment.

Can you provide a link to your repl?

main.py - boilerplate-mean-variance-standard-deviation-calculator (3) - Replit

I think your repl might be corrupted. I would try creating a new one and copying over your code from mean_var_std.py only

When I run your code in a fresh repl, I see two issues:

1. Your try block has no catch (and you don’t need a try block anyways)

2. You are not adding a message to your thrown exception

Thanks. I forgot the Except block. It works perfectly in VSC. If I run a simple print(‘hello’) nothing happens. Even when I run what is there now, the run button just leaves a blank in the output window. I have tried this three different times by downloading the source files each time so I have three different repl’s. The run function just doesn’t seem to do anything???

What are your other repls? How are you creating them?

okay. Thanks for your help. I have created a new file and been able to export and import the files from the old repl to the new one and have got some output. It would seem that the automatic create option isn’t working properly with repl. Now I am not sure while I am getting a testing error but can investigate this.

I was running into this same exact problem for exercises 2-5. The best solution I could come up with was, as soon as I imported the projects and before trying to run anything, simply delete the packager files (poetry.lock and pyproject.toml) and use the shell to:

pip install seaborn
pip install pandas

etc to install the needed packages for each project. I am not familiar with the poetry stuff, as best as I can tell they provide some kind of version control to make sure students are using the same versions of packages as the exercises were meant for, but it seems to currently run into problems with the poetry thing trying to downgrade to older versions of packages than the default ones and getting stuck. The exercises are still functional with current versions so just installing the default versions through pip seems to work fine.

In exercise 2 it seems to be enough to edit poetry.lock and change:
version = “1.18.5”
to:
version = “1.24.1”
but straight up deleting the packager files for exercises 3-5 seemed to be necessary for me

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.