Medical Data Visualizer - empty heat map list

Hello again,

in the Medical Data Visualizer I ran into the issue, that test_heat_map_values() shows a failed test with the following error code:

AssertionError: Lists differ: [] != ['0.0', '0.0', '-0.0', '0.0', '-0.1', '0.5[616 chars]0.1']

Second list contains 91 additional elements.
First extra element 0:
'0.0'

The created heatmap looks good to me, and personally, I can’t find any hints that the function is not running as expected, so I’m assuming that the test function might check an empty list that is not representative for the actual values created by the heatmap function. Is there any way to confirm this and possibly solve so the function test provides a positive result?

My code: https://replit.com/@hfstoppel/boilerplate-medical-data-visualizer#medical_data_visualizer.py

Thank you very much in advance!

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0

Challenge: Medical Data Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

Man I’m blind… tried really hard to find what’s wrong, while it’s actually obvious: Your heatmap doesn’t contain values.
It contains colors, yeah. But if you look at the example, it contains the actual value for every square. You already included the argument to format the values → but you didn’t include the argument to SHOW the values as annotations.

Thank you so much, Jagaya! You’re definitely a blessing.

Apparently I compared my heatmap to yet another older copy of my heatmap instead of the one that is actually in the example folder, so I supposed that I didn’t need the values and deleted that option again. :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.