Medical data visualizer project error

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Hello guys, I have challenged this project for 1-3 days and this project make me hyped because I really feel that this knowledge from this course can be used in real world medical field.
But, sadly, when I try to run the code in boilerplate for accomplishing this project, the error came up.

EE.['0.0', '0.0', '-0.0', '0.0', '-0.1', '0.5', '0.0', '0.1', '0.1', '0.3', '0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.2', '0.1', '0.0', '0.2', '0.1', '0.0', '0.1', '-0.0', '-0.1', '0.1', '0.0', '0.2', '0.0', '0.1', '-0.0', '-0.0', '0.1', '0.0', '0.1', '0.4', '-0.0', '-0.0', '0.3', '0.2', '0.1', '-0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '-0.0', '-0.0', '-0.0', '0.2', '0.1', '0.1', '0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.3', '0.0', '-0.0', '0.0', '-0.0', '-0.0', '-0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '-0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.0', '0.2', '0.0', '-0.0', '0.2', '0.1', '0.3', '0.2', '0.1', '-0.0', '-0.0', '-0.0', '-0.0', '0.1', '-0.1', '-0.1', '0.7', '0.0', '0.2', '0.1', '0.1', '-0.0', '0.0', '-0.0', '0.1']
======================================================================
ERROR: test_bar_plot_number_of_bars (test_module.CatPlotTestCase)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/boilerplate-medical-data-visualizer/test_module.py", line 26, in test_bar_plot_number_of_bars
    actual = len([rect for rect in self.ax.get_children() if isinstance(rect, mpl.patches.Rectangle)])
AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'get_children'

======================================================================
ERROR: test_line_plot_labels (test_module.CatPlotTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/runner/boilerplate-medical-data-visualizer/test_module.py", line 13, in test_line_plot_labels
    actual = self.ax.get_xlabel()
AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'get_xlabel'

Ran 4 tests in 8.004s

Your code so far

import pandas as pd
import seaborn as sns
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np

# Import data
df = pd.read_csv('medical_examination.csv')

# Add 'overweight' column
df['overweight'] = df['weight'] / ((df['height']/100) * (df['height']/100))
df.loc[df['overweight'] <= 25, 'overweight'] = 0
df.loc[df['overweight'] > 25, 'overweight'] = 1

# Normalize data by making 0 always good and 1 always bad. If the value of 'cholesterol' or 'gluc' is 1, make the value 0. If the value is more than 1, make the value 1.
df.loc[df['cholesterol'] == 1, 'cholesterol'] = 0
df.loc[df['cholesterol'] > 1, 'cholesterol'] = 1
df.loc[df['gluc'] == 1, 'gluc'] = 0
df.loc[df['gluc'] > 1, 'gluc'] = 1

# Draw Categorical Plot
def draw_cat_plot():
    # Create DataFrame for cat plot using `pd.melt` using just the values from 'cholesterol', 'gluc', 'smoke', 'alco', 'active', and 'overweight'.
    df_cat = pd.melt(df,id_vars=['cardio'], value_vars = ['cholesterol', 'gluc','smoke', 'alco', 'active', 'overweight'])
    df_cat = df_cat.sort_values(by='variable')
    df_cat['value'] = df_cat['value'].astype(int)

# Group and reformat the data to split it by 'cardio'. Show the counts of each feature. You will have to rename one of the columns for the catplot to work correctly.
    df_cat['total'] = None
    df_cat = df_cat.groupby(['cardio', 'value', 'variable'])
    df_cat = df_cat.agg(['size'])
    df_cat = df_cat.reset_index()
    df_cat.columns = ['__'.join(col).strip() for col in df_cat.columns.values]
    df_cat = df_cat.rename(columns={'cardio__': 'cardio', 'value__': 'value', 'variable__': 'variable', 'total__size': 'total'})
    # Draw the catplot with 'sns.catplot()'
    fig = sns.catplot(y="total", x='variable', hue="value", kind="bar", col='cardio',data=df_cat)

# Do not modify the next two lines
    fig.savefig('catplot.png')
    return fig

# Draw Heat Map
def draw_heat_map():
    # Clean the data
    df_heat = df.loc[(df['ap_lo'] <= df['ap_hi']) & (df['height'] >= df['height'].quantile(0.025)) & (df['height'] <= df['height'].quantile(0.975)) & (df['weight'] >= df['weight'].quantile(0.025)) & (df['weight'] <= df['weight'].quantile(0.975))]

# Calculate the correlation matrix
    corr = df_heat.corr()

# Generate a mask for the upper triangle
    mask = np.zeros_like(corr)
    mask[np.triu_indices_from(mask)] = True

# Set up the matplotlib figure
    fig, ax = plt.subplots(figsize=(12, 6))

# Draw the heatmap with 'sns.heatmap()'
    ax = sns.heatmap(corr, mask=mask, annot=True, fmt='.1f', center=0,square=True,linewidths=.5)

# Do not modify the next two lines
    fig.savefig('heatmap.png')
    return fig

Because something should go wrong in Cat_plot section, I try to compare figure1(in example folder) with my own created graph. But I don’t noticed anything, what I see is this 2 graph look really same (however the size of graph is slightly different from each other.)

This is my graph.

Therefore, what have gone wrong in my code? Did I miss something?
I would really appreciate if you could state my mistake and made me move on.

Thank you very much for your kindness.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.77 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Medical Data Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

hi, i just finished the Data Analysis with Python projects and im not an expert in the area, but from what i can assume given the traceback error, the test expects your data to be in different format. What your function data returns is a numpy ndarray object, which doesnt posses the methods the test suite requires to test your graph parameters. The data should be a matplotlib axe class, which posses the needed methods, like get_xlabel().
There is something in the way you process your data which presents it as the wrong object. That is only my assumption reading the test errors.

I vaguely remember encountering this, but don’t remember where I found the solution. However, change this line:

fig = sns.catplot(y="total", x='variable', hue="value", kind="bar", col='cardio',data=df_cat)

to this:

graph = sns.catplot(y="total", x='variable', hue="value", kind="bar", col='cardio',data=df_cat)
fig = graph.fig
2 Likes

You’re right. The reason that system give an error result is its own limit. It must check “figure”. I use solution from @fuzzyray and it works!!! So i check its type in my jupyter lab (as picture below), this result can be explained by your reason.

Thanks a lot ^^.

Thank a lot. You make me move on. Have a nice day!!!

1 Like

Ok, now i see and recall you had to call the .fig on the catplot object and it is not a limit on the tests part, as its required for the object to gain methods like .savefig() in order to render a file out of it

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.