[Meta] Unlisted Post without Explanation

The post I made below was recently unlisted.

This was after receiving this private message from @camperextraordinaire.

Admittedly, he’s right. I do share the resources I create on the freeCodeCamp forums. Both these resources were video tutorials about creating freeCodeCamp projects (the Node.js Timestamp Microservice and the Random Quote Machine) which has everything to do with freeCodeCamp. Instead of answering individual questions, I make videos and share them.

Now, what did I do that deserves my post getting locked and unlisted?

Why was my post unlisted?

To start this discussion, why do you believe my posts to be spam?

Is it strictly the low ratio of questions answered to posts leading to guides/tutorials I create? Is there a benchmark ratio that is implemented here on freeCodeCamp? How do users that ask questions factor into this ratio?

Additionally, I would like to delete my account/posts but cannot find out how (I genuinely feel unwelcome here). Is there any documentation on this?

Thanks, Randell. We can leave this post up to generate community discussion and hopefully refine moderation.

However, I would like to delete my other posts. I appreciate it.

We do not permit members to use our forum as a way of promoting their own content or platforms, even if they are not doing so in the predatory way that is associated with the term “spam”.

Thanks, @ArielLeslie. I had no clue as that’s not described in the guidelines.

Edit: it’s extra confusing since you even commented and congratulated one of my posts:

:disappointed:

There is a difference between sharing something that you’re proud of with the community and consistently using our platform to try to grow an audience or to recruit contributors. I think it’s great when members of our community are doing projects to help others learn. Moderation is done by individuals and based largely on user flags, so it’s not perfectly consistent, but we have consistently rejected posts that are created to gain contributors to a project. We also always remove job postings, affiliate links, and links to platforms that we judge to be profit motivated. FCC has an extremely large and enthusiastic community, and we have had enough people attempt to leverage that to build their own audience or customer base that we err on the side of limiting such content.

That makes sense. Thank you.

Thanks for your understanding! And also thank you for the time you put into creating content that can help new coders.

That’s the goal. FCC made me the developer that I am today. I do my best to give back.