Misleading Info in Step 55 RWD Reg Forms

Quick disclaimer, i see lots of “Step 55” issues on the Cat Photo App, but this is in step 55 Registration Form.

Starting with this Image:

The instructions says to use the same padding as the other input elements.
However, the only padding set before hand is 2rem 0 in the fieldset rule.
I believe it wanted 1px 2px from the start, so it should of said so instead of saying to use the other one(which was wrong in the first place)

I understand i can place typos in GitHub, however this doesn’t feel like a typo but rather misleading or incorrect instructions. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Link to the step: https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/2022/responsive-web-design/learn-html-forms-by-building-a-registration-form/step-55

2 Likes

Please post your actual code and a link to the challenge instead of a picture. Thanks

The instructions say that the other input elements have a padding of 1px 2px just above the last paragraph, right?

Yes, but however none really have 1,2 only 2,0. The 1,2 is unique and not before added.
and sry about the image, i thought images of the actual result would of been better.

I can definitely see some ambiguity in these instructions. Perhaps the last sentence should be something like:

“Using another attribute selector, style the input with a type of file to use the same default padding as the other input elements.”

@demonstudios1123 Would that have been clearer for you? Or do you have another suggestion?

In many of the steps, they usally say which value to use for a given property.
It would fix this by saying Using another attribute selector, style the input with a type of file to have the padding 1px 2px.
Idk if you implied 1,2 being the default and if it is by chance it would be even better as a second time in the lesson to use the unset value

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.