Mongo DB connection issues

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I am trying to complete the first challenge in the mongoDB section, I have created my DB and used the connection string in my secrets tab on replit, but I get the following error.

I set up my mongoDB as per the directions on the challenge. I have changed the <password> to my actual password on the connection string.

require('dotenv').config();
const mongoose = require('mongoose');

const mySecret = process.env['MONGO_URI'];
mongoose.connect(mySecret, { useNewUrlParser: true, useUnifiedTopology: true });
{
    "name": "fcc-mongo-mongoose-challenges",
    "version": "0.0.1",
    "description": "A boilerplate project",
    "main": "server.js",
    "scripts": {
        "start": "node server.js"
    },
    "dependencies": {
        "body-parser": "^1.15.2",
        "dotenv": "^8.2.0",
        "express": "^4.12.4",
        "mongoose": "~5.4.0",
        "mongodb": "~3.6.0"
    },
    "repository": {
        "type": "git",
        "url": "https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/boilerplate-mongomongoose.git"
    },
    "keywords": [
        "node",
        "mongoose",
        "express"
    ],
    "license": "MIT"
}

this is my connection string in the secrets tab

mongodb+srv://dannyjebb:*********@cluster0.tguba.mongodb.net/test?retryWrites=true

On the setup instructions it says that after the URL as been entered, you should add the name of your database after / and before the first parameter… I dont see a name for the database anywhere though. and the connection string that mongoDB gives me doesnt include one.

mongoose.connect(<Your URI>, { useNewUrlParser: true, useUnifiedTopology: true });

Your project link(s)

solution: boilerplate-mongomongoose - Replit

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.5005.61 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Install and Set Up Mongoose

Link to the challenge:

the database name is Cluster0 , replace test with it

Hi, Thanks for your reply. This doesn’t solve the issue though. I still get an error trying to connect. I have changed the connection string to this.

mongodb+srv://dannyjebb:*******@cluster0.tguba.mongodb.net/Cluster0?retryWrites=true

should be like this retryWrites=true&w=majority

Thanks, I tried that and it doesn’t work either
mongodb+srv://dannyjebb:Emilyj1984@cluster0.tguba.mongodb.net/Cluster0?retryWrites=true&w=majority

are you sure you have created dannyjebb user and you are using correct password

confirm you are using the user you have created for database user

Hi Yes, I had created a user and a password and given them full read and write access as well as allowing connections from all sources. I terminated the cluster and created a new one and it now works fine! Not sure what happend with the first. thanks for your help