MongoDB and Mongoose - Create and Save a Record of a Model

Issue

I’m opening a new issue on this because it is using GitPod. I am experiencing the same issue as this post last September. My submission is tested for a few moments, then gives a timed out error. I have confirmed that the connection is working and that the schema/model are created per specifications.

Code

let personSchema=new mongoose.Schema({
  name: {type: String, required: true},
  favoriteFoods: [String]
});

// A model is a document instance. 
let Person=mongoose.model('Person',personSchema);
const createAndSavePerson = (done) => {
  // Creating a document instance of Person
  let Adrian=new Person({name:'Adrian',age:15,favoriteFoods:['Pizza','Apple Pie']});
  Adrian.save(function(error,data){
    if(error){
      console.log(error);
    }else{
      done(null,data);
    }

});
};

solution: https://3000-freecodecam-boilerplate-4dckhpqfa11.ws-us108.gitpod.io

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/121.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

MongoDB and Mongoose - Create and Save a Record of a Model

The definition of timed out means the server is down or its not responding for some reason so I don’t see this as a client issue however there are workarounds.

Here are some troubleshooting resources for GitPod:

• Contact Gitpod

You can contact Gitpod via their Support page if you can’t find your issue in the documentation.

• Use Gitpod Dedicated

Gitpod Dedicated is a self-hosted, managed service that runs in your private cloud account.

• Get started

You can add a .gitpod.yml at the root of your repository, use the gp init command to generate the .gitpod.yml file, and use the gp validate command to validate your configuration.

• Configure Gitpod

You can try these steps to configure Gitpod:

• Add no internet access over HTTPS (port 443) on Docker containers with a custom network

• Use reference architectures to create an environment to install Gitpod into

• Workspace lifecycle

All inactivity timeouts are dependent on an active editor or IDE connection. Closing your Gitpod connected editor or IDE will reduce the workspace timeout to 5 minutes.

You can also log in to Gitpod with your

GitLab

, GitHub, or

Bitbucket

account.

We need to see all your code. Post a repo or share the workspace.

When I submit I get a 500 back which usually suggests a server crash with these challenges. Do you not see any errors in the server console after you submit it and the tests run?