Mso-line-height:exatly; - not rendering

This is used in an email design as usual, for Outlook issues. I have:

<span align="left" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; line-height: 150% !important; padding-bottom: 40px; border:0;">

I also tried adding this and it did not help

<! — [if mso]>
<style type=”text/css”>
   <span align="left" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; mso-line-height-rule:exactly; line-height: 150% !important; padding-bottom: 40px; border:0;">
</style>
<![endif]

Suggestions? Many thanks!

Welcome to the forum @emd!

This should hopefully give you a better understanding of how to use that syntax properly. There is a chance that you are working with a different Outlook version?

Thanks - have read and re-read this and other tips/tricks. Not working. Wish it was a syntax error!

Also, Outlook 16 and 19 on windows is the culprit.

Do you think you could provide us with a code snippet that you are working with so we can see how you are implementing things? It’s hard to get a full grasp on the problem when we can’t see it

ok - what am I missing that the text shows up when I paste the code
here.

@emd I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor ( </> ) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

thank you! thank you!

1 Like

problem area

<span align="left" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; mso-line-height-rule: exactly;line-height:150% !important; padding-bottom: 40px; border:0;"><b>UCSF: The Campaign</b> was launched with the goal of solving some of the world&rsquo;s most intractable health challenges. On May 5, please join UCSF alumni and friends for a special evening in Fresno co-hosted by Dan Lowenstein, MD, resident alum, UCSF executive vice chancellor and provost, and </span>Michael Peterson, MD, UCSF Fresno associate dean.<span align="left" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; mso-line-height-rule: exactly;line-height:150%; padding-bottom: 40px; border:0;">The event will feature faculty members and students speaking about their groundbreaking work. More details to come!</span><p>
 <span align="left" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; mso-line-height-rule: exactly;line-height:150%;padding-bottom: 40px; border:0;"><b>Tuesday, May 5<br>
 6-8 p.m.</b></span><br>
 <br>
 <span align="left" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; line-height: 150%;"><b>Fresno Art Museum<br>
 2233 North First Street<br>
 Fresno, California</b></span></p> <span align="left" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; line-height: 150%; padding-bottom: 40px; border:0;">For questions, please email <a alias="alumni@ucsf.edu" conversion="false" data-linkto="mailto:" href="mailto:alumni@ucsf.edu?subject=Save%20the%20Date%3A%20UCSF%20in%20Fresno" style="color:#000000;text-decoration:none;" title="alumni@ucsf.edu"><b>alumni@ucsf.edu</b></a>.</span><p>
 <span align="left" style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 17px; color: #000000; line-height: 150%; padding-bottom: 40px; border:0;"><b>Invitation to follow</b></span><!--[if gte mso 9]>
    <style type="text/css">
    <span style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;tom: 40px; border:0; mso-line-height-rule: exactly;line-height:150%;</span>
    </style>
<![endif]-->
   <!--
//
//
***Ensure mobile version of this block reflects any changes you make by clicking "Design" tab in main editing window, then toggling to "mobile" mode in the upper right corner.***

**CHANGE COLOR: 
//find attribute "color:" and replace with desired hex code 
**CHANGE SIZE: 
//find attribute "font-size:" and change it to desired pixel size
//syntax: ##px
//
//
--></span></p>

To me it looks like you’re trying to use HTML within your styling tag. You should instead write it like a CSS rule. You’ve also misspelled the top property as tom. Here is what I think you are looking for:

<style type="text/css">
span {
  font-family: "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif";
  top: 40px;
  border: 0;
  mso-line-height-rule: exactly;
  line-height: 150%;
}
</style>

Thanks - had thought of that but did not apply. I’ll try it!

Let me know how it goes~ Excited to see if it will work for you!

no go - tried

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
    <style type="text/css">
    span {
  font-family: "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif";
  top: 40px;
  border: 0;
  mso-line-height-rule: exactly;
  line-height: 150%;
}
    </style>
<![endif]-->

at end and at start of text...sigh...just love Microsoft...not...

any other suggestions?

I’m honestly kind of stuck. I can only test this on my work laptop that has outlook.
If you have any other solutions, I would love to be able to assist you more, but I am stuck with the tools that I have at home.