My answers (solutions) aren't saved on FCC

Hi,

My solutions to the exercises aren’t being saved, once I pass the challenge and go to the next one my solution to the previous challenge is gone.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Yes, but it is saved, you can see the curriculum page, your progress is saved but not your solutions,
you will have tick on the test you have completed, it won’t affect your certification, so do not worry

https://learn.freecodecamp.org/

1 Like

Thank you for your raply.

I’m not worried about it affecting my certification, I usually just like to refer back to them to help me progress and solve other exercises , but when its not saved, I have to redo the exercise, which is very time consuming.

Is there a way to have my solution saved like it used to before?

You can download your solution after you complete it by using the download button. it shows up in that popup when you complete it.

I save my working solutions in a Gist on github if I feel it’s something I may need later.

1 Like

@Tirjasdyn Will you also explain how to open the downloaded solution, please? It saves them as .json file which doesn’t show any code if I open it with either Sublime of VS Code. Thank you

It used to be there, it was a great feature.

Anybody was able to view their own code again and able to see their own progress on how they were writing code and how they can write it once again after months of experience.

I hope they bring it back.

Open the Json file in any text editor or browser. I show code in mine.

I agree that saving the answers in the browser should be the correct behavior. Downloading the solution is available, sure, but that means the solution will only be found on the local machine and won’t be available to other machines we might use to complete the lesson (work pc vs home pc for example). Being able to go back and review a previous lessons solution is sometimes necessary to complete future solutions, and navigating away from the browser to open up a text editor is not a good workflow. Come on!

The saved answers used to be there, but for some reason the team though it should be taken out. Put it back please! Pushing each solution to git should not be a necessary workflow either.

It wasn’t manageable with 1GB of new data added to the server each day just from saved lessons…

So, it was useful, by having that feature means a lot more cost for the server and freecodecamp wouldn’t be free anymore, which is against what freecodecamp stand for

Maybe if enough people donate it will be possible to have something like that

thank you, that was helpful.