My Product Landing Page - Need your feedback

Here is my Landing Page.
Some feedback would be nice. Besides I think I use media queries a lot, is this normal or it’s bad practice?
Help please :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Nice job!

In regards to your question about media queries (I’m no expert, mind you) but I would think less media queries may be better. I think designing mobile first with a smaller window makes it easier to then adjust to larger devices, thus using less media queries.

• On your form, it would be nice if there was a change in cursor for the “Get Started” button so it feels like a clickable link, for example, cursor: pointer.

• When your width goes lower than 749px, “Get your website with Web Ink.” vanishes. Was that intended?

• Also, the main image disappears at a pretty large width leaving a large gap to the right. Makes things a little unbalanced. I’d consider keeping it until much smaller sizes or adjusting it’s position.

Solid start!

1 Like

If you think you used media queries too much try to use flexbox. check it out in my helpful tools list i made (along with other things.

Your main should be 100% of the width on smaller screens.

Otherwise its great.

Notes

Please hit the reply button or I do not get notified.

Helpful tools–> https://codepen.io/Mike-was-here123/post/check-out-these-sites

1 Like

Thank you @Modu for your feedback.

I think designing mobile first with a smaller window makes it easier to then adjust to larger devices, thus using less media queries.

This is a nice suggestion, actually I rewrote the CSS code again and tried to do so. It was easier yes, thank you :slight_smile:

When your width goes lower than 749px, “Get your website with Web Ink.” vanishes. Was that intended?

In regards to this I checked it again but it doesn’t vanish, Idk why it vanished when you tried it. feel free to try it again :slight_smile:

Also, the main image disappears at a pretty large width leaving a large gap to the right. Makes things a little unbalanced. I’d consider keeping it until much smaller sizes or adjusting it’s position.

I removed the image totally and then replaced it with another image but this time as a background to the main element

On your form, it would be nice if there was a change in cursor for the “Get Started” button so it feels like a clickable link, for example, cursor: pointer .

Thank you for this too, I already did it and did also some CSS :hover effects, you can check them ,if you could, and tell me your feedback :slight_smile:

Thank you again for you again for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

@michaelnicol thank you for your feedback, I do really appreciate it too.

First time I wrote the styling code, I was trying to do the styling without using much flexbox or CSS Grid.
But I think you’re right I should’ve used flexbox from the start, I used it now. It would be nice if you check it and tell me your feedback.

I thought it had some beauty to have mix of colors, but you’re right I changed it and added colors in other elements.
also thanks for the links they are really helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try variation between sections.

Maybe add a background image for your sign up section with a background-attachment: fixed style.

Try changing colors. For instance, your video section could have a change in background color (like you did with your footer section).

1 Like

@michaelnicol,
I added some background color to features section which is the middle section so making variation between the other sections.

1 Like

I added font awesome to my tools, i would suggest check it out. Its great for simple and easy icons (controlled the same way text is with font-size).

Just make sure you look up how to import it (front end library)

1 Like

yeah I found them, thanks

I don’t really know what media is (other than music, of course), sorry.

media queries are used for testing viewport sizes

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_rwd_mediaqueries.asp

My pleasure! Just checked out the changes you made, huge improvement! Well done!

1 Like