I found this project to be very difficult to finish. Giving it an hour a night, it took me about two weeks to wrap it up. I just couldn’t get an API working in the beginning. I found the forismatic api, but I couldn’t get it to run in codepen, so I wrote an array containing quotes instead.
Also, using the twitter widget js to run the tweet button negated any changes that I tried to make to the anchor tag that made up the tweet button. This took me a long time to realize. I eventually made my own twitter button without the help of the widget.js. It was the easiest way I could find to prepolate the text in the twitter window.
Finally, on to the next one!