My React Calculator app for some reason is failing tests #9 and #11-15

Hello,

I’m finishing up my work on React Calculator as part of the Front-End Certificate and for some reason it is failing 6 tests. Visually it seems to be working just fine, but it still bugs me that tests are failing. I tried also manually replicating the tests and it worked all fine for me.

What could be an issue with my code?

Here is my pen.

Best regards,

Konstantin

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a JavaScript Calculator

Link to the challenge:

Hello~!

A couple of things.

• Try entering 5..0 into the calculator.
  • It looks like the tests might be reading the first line instead of the second line, resulting in errors.
1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your reply! I have managed to fix this first issue and some other bugs that I had in my code. Now it is passing test #11.

However, every other test is still failing. I also think that it might be reading a wrong line of code and resulting in those errors but not sure why it would be doing that.

I have the total final result being saved into displayNum variable via React hook and it is going directly into the element with id="display".

function Display() {
  const { calcRow, displayNum } = React.useContext(Context)

return (
    <div id="display-container" className="grid-display">
      <p id='formula-display'>{calcRow}</p>
      <p id="display">{displayNum}</p>
    </div>
  )
}

I also tried to change things around, as moving id to other elements of this component, but result remains the same.

Hello!

You should display everything in one <p> tag using \n for the second line to pass the tests. I had same tests failing when forking my calculator.

It seems that a problem had to do with something different and my calculator was indeed not working correctly in some instances (logical error in my functions). Works now though.

Thank you!