Need advice on Step 51 of Cat photo app

Here is my code:

<fieldset>
            <fieldset>
            <legend>Is your cat an indoor or outdoor cat?</legend>
            <label><input id="indoor" type="radio" name="indoor-outdoor" value="indoor"> Indoor</label>
            <label><input id="outdoor" type="radio" name="indoor-outdoor" value="outdoor"> Outdoor</label>
          </fieldset>
          <input type="text" name="catphotourl" placeholder="cat photo URL" required>
          <button type="submit">Submit</button>

link to the challenge: Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App: Step 51 | freeCodeCamp.org

I’ve set my fieldset element. I put the opening tag fieldset directly below the 1st fieldset. I got that incorrect. Any advice here?

You’ve written two <fieldset> opening tags in your code, but only only one closing tag.

I’m seeing two opening fieldset tags but only one closing tag.

I tried removing the top fieldset tag, but no luck unfortunately.
I was thinking I needed to nest the 2nd fieldset below the first one. The removal of the 1st one doesn’t work unfortunately.

I removed the 1st fieldset, but no luck.

You need two fieldset elements, each with an opening and closing tag.

They should not be nested. Try putting the new opening and closing <field> tags right after the original </field> closing tag.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! your advice helped me greatly, I originally thought the opening fieldset element just counted as one fieldset. Then, I looked again after you told me your advice, and figured out that the original opening and closing fieldset count as 1 fieldset haha. Thank you so much for your advice it helped a lot. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Have fun coding, Edlun!