Need help HTML lesson Creating children elements

Tell us what’s happening:

I just started out this lesson and sorry if it sounds like stupid question but I absolutely do not know how to make “The main element should have two paragraph elements as children.” in this part of this lesson. I have tried for 2 hours and remember I am a babe coming into this with no experience of any sort. Layman’s terms as well please for me! Thx in advance.

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>
<section>
<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
</section>
<main>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

Currently you have two paragraphs:

<p>This is a paragraph</p>

Your paragraphs are in the right order, so you problem is the wrapping elements. You do not need to use the section elements and you should have two paragraphs inside your main element. Your final code should resemble something like this:

<h2>CatPhotApp</h2>

<main>//this is the parent element to the two paragraphs
  <p>Paragraph 1 (child of main)</p>
  <p>Paragraph 2 (child of main)</p>
</main>

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Visual aids are always great in seeing how things should be done. ! Love and Light being sent your way!