Need help with Intermediate Algorithm Scripting - Drop it

Hello everyone.

I’m doing the this exercise, with the code i wrote, i almost pass it but apparently there are 2 test that wont work with this code.

below is the code that i wrote

function dropElements(arr, func) {
  return arr.filter(func);
}

console.log(dropElements([1, 2, 3, 9, 2], function(n) {return n > 2;}));

and the test that it didn’t fulfill are:

dropElements([0, 1, 0, 1], function(n) {return n === 1;}) should return [1, 0, 1] .

and

dropElements([1, 2, 3, 9, 2], function(n) {return n > 2;}) should return [3, 9, 2]

when my code run, the first test would return [1,1] instead of [1,0,1] and with the second test, it would return [3,9] instead of [3,9,2].

I don’t understand why the first test expecting [1,0,1] because the function requirement is {return n === 1;} and 0 is not equal to 1.
while for the second test why it expect [3,9,2] when the function requirement is {return n > 2;}. 2 is not bigger than 2, I’m not sure why it expect 2 to be included in the array.

please let me know what is my misunderstanding

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Intermediate Algorithm Scripting - Drop it

Link to the challenge:

Your function only filters the array passed to the function using the function passed to the function as the filter callback. That is not what is being asked here.

You need to iterate through the function, calling the function passed to the function (2nd argument) with each element as an argument to it. When the first element to make the function return true is found, then you just return the remainder of the array. If the none of the elements causes the function to return true, then you should return an empty array.

Right, now i see the problem. thanks Randell!