Need help with step 21 of cafe menu project

why on my cirriculum on bnuilding a cafe menu i have a differnt scenario than the one on you tube? step 21 is asking for a #menu as a selector? how do i do this

Because the curriculum is still being updated as needed and so the video you are watching is out of date.

You answered your own question :slightly_smiling_face: You use the #menu selector.

how? i write menu{ width 300px and not working and tyhe way it says nand not working with the #

You’ll need to paste your updated CSS in here so we can see what you did using the following method.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. You may also be able to use Ctrl+e to automatically give you the triple back ticks while you are typing in the this editor and the cursor is on a line by itself. Alternatively, with the cursor on a line by itself, you can use the </> button above the editor to add the triple back ticks.

this is what im writing and it says im wrong

#menu-id{
  width: 300px;
} 

Your code is incorrect because your wrote #menu-id but the directions say to use the Use the #menu selector

once you fix that, then it will pass

Use “#menu {
whatever: value;
}”

how do i use # menu selector?

I would suggest rereading through @iwatler 's comment because they are trying to show you the correct syntax

But basically, your issue is that you are using the wrong text.
You keep writting #menu-id here when the directions want you to write #menu

Every thing else you wrote is correct though.

Hope that is clearer :+1:

As @jwilkins.oboeSUK said remove the “-id” and your code should work as I demonstrated:

That’s your answer.

idk why it wasnt taking that answer it did now thanks

Maybe because you added #menu-id when it should of been #menu, but am happy that you solved it.

Happy coding