New Responsive Web Design Cafe Menu Step 41

What am I missing here? I feel like I don’t understand what they’re asking me for.

Step 41
That worked, but there is still a little space on the right of the price.

You could keep trying various percentages for the widths. Instead, simply move the price p element to be on the same line and make sure there is no space between them.

<p class="flavor">French Vanilla</p>
            <p class="price">3.00</p>

-Tried changing it to
<p class="flavor">French Vanilla 3.00</p>
-Tried
<p class="flavor">French Vanilla <p class="price">3.00</p></p>
-Tried changing the CSS to have .flavor align right and .price align left instead of the other way around
Tried just putting <p>French Vanilla 3.00</p>

I guess I don’t understand what they want from me, bc I keep getting the hint: “Your p elements should not have any space between them.”
Which they don’t
So whyyyy

1 Like

you still need two p elements one after the other, none of yours attempt are correct because you are changing the two elements to be nested, or to be only one

Right, sorry I forgot to mention that when I changed the CSS to have .flavor align right and .price align left the HTML is

<p class="flavor">French Vanilla</p>
<p class="price">3.00</p>

So is that still incorrect? Or what is it that’s being asked of me I still don’t understand

Take the instructions very literally:

“simply move the price p element to be on the same line and make sure there is no space between them.”

Use your backspace key to do this.

P.S. I can see the possibility for confusion though, because the instructions don’t explicitly mention that they want the price to be on the same line as the flavor. But since the previous steps are specifically dealing with these two elements I think it is making the assumption that you will understand that step 41 is also about these two elements.

1 Like

Your two <p>-tags should be on the same line, like next to each other.

1 Like

OH WOW lol ok thank you I think I was over-thinking it

1 Like

It worked, but I don’t understand why. I thought HTML is supposed to ignore spaces between elements?

3 Likes

Same question as @eca79 , and I don’t know why but it seems like the instruction were very vague for this step.

@eca79 and @talhajaved020993 - I’m currently confused about the “why” as well. If you find out, please let us know here!

French Vanilla

remove any spacing from margin to paragraph