Not marked as complete - Learn Relational Databases by Building a Mario Database - Build a Mario Database

Tell us what’s happening:
Build a Mario Database challenge does not register as Completed in freeCodeCamp.org, even though I pressed the Continue button and changed Workspaces.

Your code so far

1. Complete the Mario database prompts (in Chrome).
  2. Press the Continue button.
  3. freeCodeCamp does not register this challenge as being Done.
  4. Change to a different Workspace in codeally.io per this troubleshooting suggestion.
  5. After changing workspaces, when I try to restart the mario-database project in CodeAlly.io, it will not open the Code Editor, and the console spits out the GraphQL error pasted below.
  6. This happened in both FireFox and Chrome.
  7. In my Chrome under “Cookie and Site Settings”, it is set to only block 3rd party cookies in Incognito mode.
  8. My FireFox has the “Standard” Cookie allowance setting.
[GraphQL error]: Message: User cannot start a project once it has been evaluated!, Location: [object Object], Path: continueProject

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn Relational Databases by Building a Mario Database - Build a Mario Database

Link to the challenge:

2 Likes

have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the pinned post?

Yep:
I can confirm that I hit the “Continue” button.

And I tried a page refresh on freeCodeCamp.

After hitting Continue, I opened a different project. When I tried to re-open the completed project from CodeAlly, it does not open the Workspace, and I received this GraphQL error.

[GraphQL error]: Message: User cannot start a project once it has been evaluated!, Location: [object Object], Path: continueProject

When I try to re-open the completed project from freeCodeCamp, it briefly shows the error screen and then redirects back to freeCodeCamp.

Okay, it might be time to open a GitHub issue for this. I am out of ideas.
Instructions below:

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

I have the same issue

I had the same issue. Fixed it with…
Loggin into the next challenge " Celestial Bodies Database" and then logging back into “Mario Database” .

Had the same issue too.
Logging into the next challenge as shared above didn’t work for me.
I tried switching browser (from Chrome to Edge) and hitting the “Continue” button in the last challenge again, and this time it completed.
I couldn’t figure out the nature of the bug…

1 Like

This worked for me as well! :heart:

I have completed the course using IntelliJ IDEA and gitpod.
However the course is not marked as completed. Does anyone has an idea why it could happen?
I might have done a few extra steps of adding/removing data/tables and I am not sure if it affects the completion.

Thanks!

Did you log out of your freeCodeCamp account after starting and before finishing the course @oleg-kuibar? That will invalidate your user token and it won’t be marked as completed.

If not, try refreshing the freeCodeCamp page to see if the checkmark shows up. You need to do a refresh.

Still no checkmark - try opening the same project back up and opening CodeRoad - it should take you to the last step with a “continue” button showing. Click the continue button again to submit it again and then refresh your freeCodeCamp page.

Thank you! I’ll do the course again and see if the issue will persist.