Not passing this test

Hi, working on this JS lesson. Watched the video already, video doesn’t acknowledge the last two items on this list for the assignment (fyi) but I added them in the same way as everything else so seems it should all work. It does not. It doesn’t work with the last two left off either (I tried that too).

Hi,
Please redo the switch case lesson again and read the instructions. You are missing one of the important components of the switch case.

chainToSwitch is the name of your function and receives a parameter “val”, your function cant be your case in a switch, where you are putting along with a value

You can read about it here as well: switch - JavaScript | MDN

Also please keep in mind that when asking a question, provide us details as it’s asked in guidelines and tag the question with a right tag. In this case tag should be “javascript”.

@rosiek, screenshots do not help.

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

Great, thank you, didn’t know this.

Oh, jesus. Thank you. I’m having a hard time with JavaScript. I had initially used ‘case’ but then when I reviewed the list of what should be included in the switch I got confused that it listed each with ‘chainToSwitch’ and I changed it all. Once I get frustrated (because I honestly am not understanding this very well and if I ask something in the forum that means I’ve already changed it five times and watched the video at least twice) I just can’t seem to see even really obvious things anymore. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.