Not sure if I'm insane or a bug?

I was doing the Basic JS tutorial and up to section " Write Reusable JavaScript with Functions". I have written the correct answer but keeps giving me the error:

“reusableFunction should output “Hi World” to the dev console. You should call reusableFunction after you define it.”

Here’s the solution I gave (I even copied from the answer given in the hint):

function reusableFunction() {
  console.log("Hi World");
}

Can someone help me out here please?

function functionName() {
  console.log("Hello World");
}

This declares the function, which is correct. But you still need to call the function in a line below this.

Welcome, monojackay.

I have moved this post to a more suitable sub-forum.

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Also, I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Thank you.

Right ok, it was just odd the solution was incorrect. So I got confused.
Thank you!

So he was right. You declared the function but you never called it.

you have to put

functionName();

to call the function