Opinions on the Project “Cie Aesthetics 💍

Hello, freeCodeCamp community! :blush:

I’ve created a project called ‘Cie Aesthetics :ring:’ and I’d love to get your feedback. It’s a website that showcases beautiful handmade artisanal pieces. I made it for a friend who runs a business, and the site features unique products made with care.

Technologies Used: HTML, CSS, JavaScript and the lib Swipe

Live Project: https://vini-ferraz.github.io/Cie-Aesthetics/
Code: https://github.com/Vini-Ferraz/Cie-Aesthetics

Thank you in advance for your opinions and suggestions! :raised_hands:

Hello,

nice color scheme, typography and use of images. Works on all screen sizes.

Fantastic loading times, first paint is there in milliseconds, the entire page in about two seconds on a 28k speed connection.

A few details you could improve:

• The blinking cursor in the logo is distracting.
  • Give more buttons a contrasting color, the ones that act as calls to action and to make them more accessible. Like the very first “shop” button.
  • On mobile, let the menu collapse on click/tap when the user has clicked a link. At the moment it stays open and covers part of the text.

All in all good work.

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for the feedback! :raised_hands: I’ve taken note of your suggestions and will be working on a few enhancements. Firstly, I understand the concern about the distracting blinking cursor in the logo, and I’ll explore toning it down or possibly removing it to improve the overall user experience. Additionally, I agree with your point about adding more contrasting colors to buttons, especially those serving as calls to action like the “shop” button. This adjustment could enhance accessibility and draw more attention to important actions. Lastly, addressing the mobile menu behavior is on my radar—I’ll make sure the menu collapses after a link is clicked to improve readability and prevent it from covering the content. Your insights are greatly appreciated as always! :blush: