Order of execution of functions bound to an event in Javascript

I have known that event handlers are always called int the order in which they are registered.
So I wrote some code to test the order, although, the result is frustrating.

here is my code:

<body>
    <p>
        This example uses the addEventListener() method to attach a click event to a button.
    </p>
    <p id="demo"></p>
    <button id = "myBtn">Try it</button>
    <script>
        document.getElementById("myBtn").addEventListener("click",mySecondClick);
        document.getElementById("myBtn").addEventListener("click",myClick);  
        function mySecondClick(){
            document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML ="Hello World!";
        }
        function myClick(){
            alert("Hello World!");
        }
    </script>
</body>

I found that the function myClick was executed firstly, it should be executed later.
I am confused right now, please help me!

The myClick function is actually executed after mySecondClick. If you looked at the page, the <p> has already updated its text when the alert box shows up. If you switched the order of adding the event listeners, the alert would pop up first before the <p> updates.

Please check these pictures.
The first one is a screenshot after I click the button, the alert window is popped up before the p element updates.
The second one is a screenshot after I click the OK button, the p element doesn’t update until then.

The function execution order does not meet expections.

I don’t know if the cookies will affect the function execution order, because I have tried different functions registration order.

It looks like it depends on the browser when alerts are involved. I tried it on Chrome and the alert pop up always appears first. You can see the <p> updating on Firefox before the alert pop up.

Yes, I tried it on Firefox as well, the result is different.Thanks a lot!