Page View Time Series Visualizer - axis and legend

Tell us what’s happening:
I can’t get any labels to appear: X, Y or legend.

I think that the videos for this course were great but there are huge leaps in the projects - partly because we haven’t practiced these techniques and then we get more pernickety things to do.
Would appreciate some pointers here for me and anyone else following after.

Your code so far

fig = df_bar.plot(kind ='bar', figsize=(8, 8)).figure
plt.plot(label=['January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December'],xlabel = 'Years',ylabel='Average Page Views')
#ax.legend(labels=['January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June', 'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December'])
plt.show()

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.105 Safari/537.36 Edg/84.0.522.52.

Challenge: Page View Time Series Visualizer

Link to the challenge:

https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/user_guide/visualization.html

hope this link can help. The labels are 1,2,3… becuase this is the index of the columns. you need to make the index jan, feb… of the data frame it self. Hope this helps.

if you need more help could you link your repit.

Great - I’ve got that working. Thank you for your help!
I used

import calendar as cal
df['month'] = df['month'].apply(lambda x: cal.month_name[x])

I think the cause might be that I set ylabel = (‘Average Page Views’).
I then tried to delete it, corrupted the library. I then got the following error, showing that ‘str’ object is not callable.

To fix, I reloaded everything, shutting down my Jupyter Labs and starting up again.

What should I do in future if I make the same mistake?