Part 2- challenge- step 3 need help please and thankyou

That link is for FCC sample that you’re supposed to fork.

Your link would have your username, not FCC’s

Did you

1. create an account on codepen?
  2. fork the project? or
  3. paste your code from notpad++ and then save it?

That’s the link we need to see

Sorry my link that I sent doesnt seem to work, I copied the url on the codepen page where Im working and pasted it in the reply, but I see that did not work. I apologize.

That’s FCC’s pen. You cannot edit a pen that’s not your own.

You need to create your own account

I created a account on codepen, I pressed the fork button on the Challenge #2. I did not use notepad++ for this.

Ensure you’re logged into your codepen account, then fork the pen.

Initially you started doing this project in notepad++ so that’s why I said to paste the code from there.
In another topic you stated that you submitted a link to your finished form so why can’t you post that same link?

Ok again I aplogize for the long winded conversation and appreciate your patience. What happened was when I was on the challenge page I clicked the link to codepen, I signed in, I just started coding on that page instead of clicking create a new pen. Here is the correct link https://codepen.io/MoaceXX/pen/KKNdxbE . Thankyou for being patient. I appreciate that.

Ok…so when a test fails, click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue. (Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message.)

The first failing test message says;

Inside the form element, I am required to enter my name in a field with id="name". If I do not enter a name I will see an HTML5 validation error.  
There should be an input text field with id="name" : expected null to not equal null   
AssertionError: There should be an input text field with id="name" : expected null to not equal null

Follow the same steps to correct the issues with the other failing tests.

Edit: As a suggestion switch the Syntax Highlighting on Codepen to help catch errors. Go to your Codepen profile settings (not the setting for the pen, but for your profile). Switch the Syntax Highlighting to Oceanic Dark and save the setting. Go back to the pen and make sure your new setting is working. The code highlighting will be using different colors. Errors will now be marked in red.

I am able to run your tests. As @Roma has said, you can view the specific tests that have passed and failed by clicking the button with ‘tests X/’ where X is number passed and TOT is total number of tests.

I am able to access your pen and run the test suite. If you can’t run the tests, then you should make sure that you have disabled any browser extensions like adblock or noscript. Upon running the tests, look at the results and fix the issues that cause the others to fail. When you get all of the tests passing, then you can keep tweaking and styling and then you can submit :+1: good luck! :smiley_cat:

Ok thankyou I fiugred out what the problem was. There is a drop down menu beside the test button and i did not notice that, you have to click the drop down menu and then pick the challenge you are on. All good. I can start to debug now. Have a nice day.

ah yes! I’m glad you found it. Good luck and happy coding!:+1:

1 Like

I see you have all tests passing now. Good job on that.

You didn’t ask for feedback but I’m going to give you some anyway;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • There are two submit buttons…there should be only one
  • User’s shouldn’t have to delete text in the textarea when entering their text. That’s a bad UX
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens