Pesky navbar problem

Hi! Yesterday I finished my Tribute Page and immediately plowed into Portfolio Challenge. I almost pulled it off but there is one problem though, a pesky navbar. No matter what I do, navbar text refuses to align itself nicely respectfully to the left and to the right :unamused: On my screen elements are positioned to the left and to the right, but not as far as they could- they significantly gravitate towards the center. Iā€™ve putted the navbar in a normal .container- putting it into ā€œfluidā€ makes it bloated like a long dead cow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would be joyful if You could point me into the right direction.
Here is a link to my codepen project. Note that it is still WIP and I will carve it nicely with more CSS and some JQ.

Thanks in advance!
https://codepen.io/Folrunge/pen/GmGRdq

Sorry for not-yet-responsive navbar :wink:

Hi Friend, if you are stucking in navbar, then you can go to getbootstrap.com and see what you are missing. or you can you defult skeleton of bootstrap navbar.

1 Like

You want to look into the classes navbar-right and navbar-left

1 Like

Hi Folrunge,

I think if you set your divs up differently such as div class=ā€œrowā€ and use the bootstrap grid system you can set it where you want. I recently had trouble making my nav bar centered and responsive, but I finally got it to work. If you would to see an example of the code please go to my codepen here:

And/or example here
nav class=ā€œnavbar navbar-inverse navbar-fixed-topā€
**(changing container to fluid (to center) plus add row
and div class to positionā€“>
div class="container-fluid"
div class="row"
div class =ā€œcol-sm-offset-3 col-lg-offset-4 col-sm-9 col-lg-5 text-centerā€>
div class="navbar-header"
I hope this helps : )

Hi there! Been tinkering with navbar between Bootstrap learning sessions and came with a solution to my problem. Just wanna share this for a record. As I begun to understand that navbar sections are ā€œfluid by natureā€ I headed on and deleted div with .container and boy that did the trick :relaxed: Thanks for all the support! :slight_smile:

PS. Though I will give a shot with a .row just out of curiosity.