Please help me understand what this means?

With form submissions, it is useful, and good practice, to provide each submittable element with a name attribute. This attribute is used to identify the element in the form submission.

Go ahead, and give each submittable element a unique name attribute of your choosing. Except for the two radio inputs.

What part are you stuck on? Have you tried anything yet?

1 Like

HI Les, thanks for replying. Well I did get through the step (actually with the help of hints), but I didnt quite understand what the context means. So I was hoping if anyone could help me undertstand.

Good job getting through it!

Iā€™m not sure what you may or may not already know, but hereā€™s a bit of expansion on the topic.

So far youā€™ve learned how to create a form in HTML, but if you think about it making the form is only one half of the problem. A user is also going to submit that form with it filled out. Some code will be needed to handle the answers that are being submitted that could be anything from putting the data in a spreadsheet to fancy logic, but in any case you need to be able to match the inputted data with the question it corresponds with. If you got ā€œArielā€ and ā€œLeslieā€ in a form, you would need to know which one I put in the ā€œFirst Nameā€ field and which one I put in the ā€œLast Nameā€ field, right? The way we can do this is by adding the name attribute to the form elements. It will give you a way to lookup the value for a specific form element.

6 Likes

Right. That makes sense. Thanks a lot.

i had a same problįƒ”m and now itā€™s clear to me. thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.