Plus operator +++

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
As you can see I have completed the challenge. But the question I have is why did it pass? I thought when you use the const variable your supposed to capitalize the name assigned to the variable!! myStr isn’t fully capitalized… correct me please I need answers.

Your code so far

const myStr = "This is the start. " + "This is the end."; 

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.1 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Concatenating Strings with Plus Operator

Link to the challenge:

const is used where you don’t want to reassign a value to the variable. const stands for constant which means that the value of the variable can’t be changed.

1 Like

No, you don’t have to capitalize the variable name to use const. There are some standard conventions a lot of programmers use for capitalizing part or all of a variable name. But these are for the sake of the reader. JS does not enforce any sort of capitalization rules.

1 Like

If you use a suffix, add an operator (such as x++) after the operand, the increment operator increments, and returns the value before the increment. If you use a prefix, add an operator (such as ++ x) before the operand, the increment operator increments, and returns the incremented value.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.