Product Landing Page-Feedback would be appreciated

I kept it simple as i’m still not 100% comfortable with CSS3. I can already see that I need to change the colours.

here’s the link to my product landing page!

Feedback would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Kind regards

Wayne Johnson

1 Like

Hey, Great work
In CSS,
you had to use long paths to just select one HTML element, while you can use its unique class name to select it directly without the need to select its parent/s first.

for example, you selected the <div class="about-box"> by:

#about .responsive-container .about-box {...}

while you can select it directly like this:

.about-box {...}

also on large screens, when I click About in the nav bar it goes to the right section but the header of the section is hidden under the nav bar.
I think you should add padding to the top of this section to fix this.
the same happens with Home and Video on smaller screens.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I started to realise I could just use the unique class name towards the end of the project. :smile: Yeah I noticed that with the sections also.

I’m probably going to try and add some transitions and maybe a few images going forward. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice job @wjwebdev!:clap::clap:

For the header overlay issue, in this post @heenslice proposes a solution that has helped me in my project. I hope you find it useful, it is a problem that we will have to deal with every time we use fixed headers.:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback and thanks for Sharing a post regarding the header overlay issue. I have been wondering how to fix this for the last few days now. I will be having a look into this :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a really nice design, not too overcomplicated and overtop, which is a good thing. Some things that I would suggest is maybe try fitting your nav links into a hamburger menu, when on mobile. And for the email placeholder text on your input, leave some padding on the left of it.

1 Like

Thanks! Much appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face: I did try to add a burger menu previously but was getting stuck. I’m going to try and look up on some tutorials going forward.

You’re welcome! If you need any help along the way, feel free to pop back in with any questions.

I think your project is amazing. So good that I used your desing as inspiration for mine :slight_smile:I hope you dont mind. Here it is.
https://codepen.io/FlorCalvo/full/rNajXVp

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback, I’m actually overwhelmed that my work was able to inspire someone else. That’s what I love to hear. Your work looks great by the way. Hopefully we can work on a project together someday. I’m active on twitter. If you want to keep in touch. Here’s my name @WJWebCode.

Happy coding and wishing you a Merry Christmas

Wayne Johnson.

1 Like