Product Landing page looks weird on phone and ipad

Hello there!

I just finished the product landing page and it looks fine on my computer and my mom’s phone and ipad. However, it looks really bad on my older iphone and ipad. So I don’t know if it is just me or if I really screwed up with the CSS media queries somewhere. I tried to design with mobile in mind first and then made adjustments for tablets and laptops in the media queries.

Not sure where I went wrong or if my devices are just being stupid.

Here is the link.

Hi @jwilkins.oboe. Let me start out by saying your page looks good. Nice job!

Now, “looks weird” and “really bad” aren’t very helpful descriptions. And I don’t have all these different devices and while dev tools helps, it’s not perfect. But nevertheless, why not try setting widths with a percentage instead of a pixel value in your queries. You’ll have an easier time with responsiveness.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I definitely could have been more descriptive about what the issue was so that was my bad.

On my phone, it was really zoomed in to the point where all you saw was the black background from the background image. Same for the ipad. But it worked fine for my mom’s devices so I guess it was just my old devices that were giving me some grief.

Thanks again for your reply!

1 Like