Python - Numpy and Pandas Import

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Cannot import numpy, pandas in replit when using the provided assignment links to replit. When I, however, create a new repl and upload the provided files into it, then it works.
Anyone have an idea what’s going on here?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.3 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Data Analysis with Python Projects - Mean-Variance-Standard Deviation Calculator

Link to the challenge:

Hi! I was also having this issue (thought I was going insane for a second) and found someone elses answer on another post. Here is what they said:

Looks like replit has made some changes in handling dependencies.

Currently the most straightforward way I have found is adding required modules manually in the replit.nix file (it’s hidden, you will need to click three dots at the right of the Files tab and click Show hidden files ). Then add required modules in the deps, for this project it should look like:

deps = [
    pkgs.python38Full
    pkgs.python38Packages.matplotlib
    pkgs.python38Packages.numpy
    pkgs.python38Packages.pandas
    pkgs.python38Packages.seaborn
  ]; 

Solved by sanity. Link to other post: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pandas' or 'numpy'

Thanks so much dkar108 - that seems to have taken care of the problem! So glad you answered, been through all kinds of portal and couldn’t find anything…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.