QA Advanced Node & Express - Database connection

Tell us what’s happening:
I have trouble trying to pass, Implement the Serialization of a Passport User .
I need help to pass the Database connection should be present.

Error:
express-session deprecated req.secret; provide secret option server.js:21:9
Listening on port undefined
MongoParseError: URI malformed, cannot be parsed
at parseConnectionString (/home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/uri_parser.js:580:21)
at connect (/home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/node_modules/mongodb/lib/operations/connect.js:283:3)
at /home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:284:5
at maybePromise (/home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/node_modules/mongodb/lib/utils.js:692:3)
at MongoClient.connect (/home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongo_client.js:280:10)
at main (/home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/connection.js:11:22)
at Object. (/home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/server.js:31:1)

Your project link(s)
My project

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko)

Challenge: Implement the Serialization of a Passport User

Link to the challenge:

Did you try this?

Yes

My sample.env have:

PORT=8080
NODE_ENV=development
MONGO_URI=mongodb+srv://matostest:password@cluster0.gj2up1e.mongodb.net/myFirstDatabase?retryWrites=true&w=majority
SESSION_SECRET=‘whateverSomeString’

With replits, you have to use the Secrets feature located on the left side of the project. You can not use an env file (definitely not sample.env).

Thank you mate !! thatsworks but now i have a new problem

MongoServerSelectionError: connection to 54.94.172.167:27017 closed
at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/runner/boilerplate-advancednode-1/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/sdam/topology.js:438:30)

Did you whitelist your current IP address? It may be easier to just whitelist 0.0.0.0/0

1 Like

TY !! problem fixed :slight_smile: