Questions about how projects are tested

Tell us what’s happening:
I am submitting my tribute page but no testing and feedback seems to happen. I can progress to the next question without fulfilling the task. Is that the intended behavior?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.83 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

to know if the project passes you can use the provided test suite.

You will then submit a project with the test suite with all tests passing

You will have to agree to an Academic Honesty Pledge before claiming the certificate, if you don’t respect it your cert can be revoked

1 Like

Understood, thanks for the explanation.

I have implemented the tests now (see https://codepen.io/mseibert/pen/poyPPbv ). 8 out of 10 pass. For the last two I have tried but fail. Could you point me to the correct lessons that the requirements refer to?

Unresolved Tests

User Story #8: The img element should responsively resize, relative to the width of its parent element, without exceeding its original size.

User Story #9: The img element should be centered within its parent element.

My CSS code for that so far

.image {
  max-width: 50%;
  height: auto;
  align: center;
}

I didn’t go deeper just see one glaring error. You’ve got id="image" in HTML but in CSS you’re styling an image class.

Thanks. That helped me. Was able to pass this test. Cannot pass the last one though.

The task

User Story #9: The img element should be centered within its parent element.

My CSS Code

#image {
  display: block;
  max-width: 50%;
  position: relative;
  left: 50%;
}
#img-div {
  display: relative;
  text-align: center;
}

What if you changed left: 50%; to something like margin: auto;

2 Likes

That’s it. Thanks a lot, @Roma. I feel a little embarrassed. But I simply did not get it, where to get that from. Now I see, that was covered. #hmpf

1 Like