Here’s my first fCC React project. It took me a while to get this out, but I really wanted to make sure I understood as much about React as possible before completing the project.
Random Quote Machine
- Hosted on GitLab Pages
- Uses semantic HTML - fCC Guide on Semantic HTML
- Uses https://quotesondesign.com for quotes API
- GNU AGPLv3 Licensed
- DocToc to build README Table of Contents
- Built with Create React App
- Each component is responsible for rendering one thing
- Uses Styled Components for CSS
- Sanitize HTML, random hex color, and random number functions in custom utils.js
If you have a moment and have experience with React and related technologies, I’d like feedback on the following:
Any design issues, especially cases where things look strange. Please post screenshots so I can make adjustments as needed.
Am I doing React correctly? If not, let me know.
Is there a better way to interact with this API? Currently, it’s limited to 40 random quotes per page load. It works for this sample app, but a real-world app might want to have access to all of the quotes in the API.
Any issues related to folder/file structure.
Other issues you see!