React, looking for an expert opinion

Hello everyone, I got my first programming gig! :smiley:
I am currently in the process of building the basics of the clients website, and I wanted some advice.
So their current website looks like this.

(the area below the nav bar changes based on what you click on.)
I want to improve on this. But I like the general design.
I want to know how I should go about creating a page like it in React, where the nav-bar will show different components below the header.
I’ve thought about using conditional rendering or using react router and just having all separate pages, I am just unsure what is best.
Thank you in advance.

TLDR: How to create a page that changes components only in one area?

Does the existing source code use React? If not, I would focus on figure out what you want to accomplish instead of the how you want to accomplish it. I assume the client gave you some specs on what they want to see changed. I would start mapping out what really needs to be changed and once you iron all of those details out, you can figure out how best to implement the changes.

3 Likes

That sounds like very solid advice. The original website was built in wordpress, and is full of dead links, irremovable wordpress features, and optimized very poorly. I am doing the whole thing from the ground up for these reasons.
The client basically wants a simplier, faster version of their website.

1 Like

If it’s a static website, you could use Gatsby.js as a starting point for ‘blazing fast’ websites. It’s built upon React.

1 Like