React Tutorials not saving code

none of my code is being saved on any of the completed lessons

1 Like

Are you saying that the lessons aren’t being marked as completed?

No the lessons are marked as complete, but when i revisit them the code i wrote is gone.

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

Completed 8 Redux challenges but when I went back to review something, all the code was gone. I have re-completed all 8 but the same thing happened again.

1 Like

@willybeans @Lechuza

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

Your completed challenges are all saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges and also the last submitted solutions by looking at your profile page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache. Because FCC rolled out a completely new application, the old cached values are no longer valid. This is the same effect you would have if you cleared your browser cache. If you are completing lessons on the new site, and do not see your recent code, then something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache. This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.